Opis delovnega mesta
Our client is a premier Third-Party Logistics company (3PL) that provides personalized supply chain solutions with an asset-based dedicated fleet and distribution services through European nationwide multi-modal internal freight brokerage. The company's logistic services operate daily throughout Europe and proudly offer unparalleled service backed by its strong family values and work ethic.
Operations Manager (f/m)
Guide the vision and execution of strategic and operational land transportation operations.
In this role, you will enhance the customer experience and drive efficient transit at reduced expense. You will be responsible for managing all activities related to the land transportation from suppliers to destination facilities while managing total cycle time, performance, and costs. You will be accountable for delivering of day-to-day results (quality, performance, and cost), meeting or exceeding agreed upon key performance indicators (KPIs) and designing holistic transportation solution.
What you will be doing as Operations Manager…
- Drive accountability of transportation network performance through comprehensive KPIs and trending analytics. Track, monitor, and identify opportunities to improve customer experience while optimizing expenses.
- Develop, plan, and execute the short- and long-term transportation strategic vision and subsequent transportation initiatives for shipments between, with customer agreed, destinations.
- Perform operational oversight, performance management, and relationship management of disponents who are responsible for end-to-end shipment sales & management:
- Uses effective customer service skills to negotiate and obtain logistic service contract, negotiate rates, meet established margin, and budget targets
- Manage drivers’ routes / dispatches drivers and equipment to ensure efficient utilization (turnover, costs, time & quality) and help drivers throughout the delivery process, meets committed delivery times and ensures quality service
- Provide clear and proactive communication to customers and carriers, ensuring all business requirements are understood and being met
- Take accountability in ensuring each job is being completed to the requirements communicated and drive results through others
- Facilitate any tracking, tracing, or reporting required
- Problem resolution
- Indirectly leadership of a team of transportation professionals / truck drivers all over Europe.
- Take initiative to drive continuous improvement and change management.
- Develop and implement different projects, which may include creating and maintaining the process improvement roadmap, project plan, business case/cost benefit tracker, training and communication plan, and others.
- Client Relationships / CRM – KAM; Develop and maintain a focused and pro-active program of close contacts with present and potential customers. Ensure an appropriate acquisition of new customers, conduct negotiations, and sign contracts in order to reach the set sales targets. Ensure efficient use of CRM systems.
- Leading teams; guide, encourage, motivate and develop subordinated employees. Support the development of skills for driving excellence in execution and talents management.
To be our first candidate you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics/Supply Chain, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
- Fluent Slovene, English and Croatian or Serbian
- 5 years of experience in managing international transportation operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of land transport services, markets and competitors
- Previous experience with transportation flows, supply chain management practices, building optimal networks, and the metrics required to successfully manage cost and performance of the network
- Strong leadership potential including the ability to manage a large group of transport employees’ staff, leading teams to deliver complex goals and projects and inspiring teams across multiple regions
- strongly customer and sales-oriented person
- leader with down to earth working attitude
- strong negotiation skills and problem solver
- strategic thinking
- entrepreneurial attitude / lean organization
- proactive, dynamic, flexible, open-minded
- strong determination and commitment
- management approach (organizational skills and systematic, analytical approach)
If you match the above requirements, and you see this business opportunity as a challenge, we are inviting you to upload your application to our career job portal:
CHR Partners d.o.o., Cankarjeva cesta 4, SI-1000 Ljubljana, www.chr-partners.com