Opis delovnega mesta
Our client is one of the most important European producers within chemical industry. With their high performance and price competitive products, they have created a modern and internationally successful company.
Head of Procurement (f/m)
Ensure an efficient and adequate implementation of strategic, tactical, and operational procurement of materials and services.
What you will be doing as Head of Procurement…
- Develop and manage supplier relationships
- Conduct global market research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Develop an understanding of the market for the raw materials, products and services purchased and identify the factors which influence availability and pricing
- Define and implement procurement strategies at a Global level for specific materials, products, and services.
- Prepare, maintain, and communicate long term sourcing strategies to support the Long-Term Plans.
- Develop and maintain forecasts (volume and price) for use with suppliers and for communication
- Employ strategies as appropriate to ensure business continuity objectives are met.
- Consult with Business Group, R&D, Manufacturing and Process Technology to provide information regarding competitive challenges, potential entrants, pricing initiatives and quality, service, price, and distribution issues.
- Demonstrate, lead, and encourage best practice within the procurement process; vendor selection, specifications, tender & negotiation process/policy, business award, contracts
- Leading a small team: guide, encourage, motivate, and develop subordinated employees. Support the development of skills for driving excellence in execution and talents management.
To be our first candidate you will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Fluent Slovene and English
- at least 5 years of procurement experience in international business environment
- at least 2 years of managerial experiences in procurement field
- Professional Knowledge - Global sourcing experience (global market search, material category management). Supplier cooperation experience (supplier cooperation, assessment, auditing, evaluation). Contract building and management. Possession of professional skill and/or knowledge of purchasing laws, policies, regulations, practices and agency/university policies and procedures. Knowledge of accounting principles and methods in relation to purchasing.
- Planning & Organizing Work - Good managerial skills. Target oriented. Good cross functional cooperation. Build constructive relations with internal and external clients. Ability to develop plans to accomplish work operations and objectives. Ability to arrange and assign work to use resources efficiently. Ability to develop strategic plans, organizational structures, and systems to fulfil legislative or mission driven organizational goals.
- Financial & Business Accountability - Knowledge of appropriate business practices and procedures. Ability to allocate resources, plan procurement and oversee budgets and contracts to ensure fiscal stability of the organization.
- Inspiring and influential leadership - Ability to assign work and to establish work rules and acceptable levels of quality and quantity of work. Ability to review work and evaluate performance of others, and to develop individuals’ competencies.
- Communication - Skill and ability in coordinating, facilitating, and participating in a collaborative approach to the completion of tasks or assignments. Develops and maintains strong relationships with departmental personnel, vendors, and other customers/clients. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with associates, officials, and vendors.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Cross-functional cooperation experience, good team working skills
- Leadership skills & good communication skills
- Ability to properly delegate the tasks among the team
- Strong presentation skills and ability to develop executive reports
- Excellent work organization and time management skills as well as ability to complete tasks and get things done under pressure of time
- Service and result-orientation
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent working skills in MS Excel
If you match the above requirements, and you see this business opportunity as a challenge, we are inviting you to upload your application to our career job portal:
CHR Partners d.o.o., Cankarjeva cesta 4, SI-1000 Ljubljana, www.chr-partners.com