Opis delovnega mesta
Our client is one of the leading international corporations, passionate about designing and manufacturing high-end tactical clothing for law enforcement and military personnel.
Head of Research & Development (f/m)
Innovative Development Team Lead
Head of R&D ensures the development of highly innovative garment systems for demanding professionals of law enforcement and military special forces. As the Innovation Development team lead, you will explore ground-breaking ideas around different concept creation in close cooperation with the internal team and external validators.You would be accountable for the creative production of designs to enhance the product category, bringing a track record of skilful technical design with creativity and ingenuity and providing leadership for all apparel innovation projects.
What you will be doing as Head R&D?
- Lead innovation projects that turn concept ideation into reality by working in or with multi-disciplinary teams to include product creation, manufacturing, and global materials. Lead innovation projects through designing and developing, analysing and testing prototypes:
- Engineering (in a cross-functional team)
- Tracks a design schedule to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
- Prototyping and Sampling (together with a team of tailors); organise and control the sample-making process. Coordinate with the internal team, giving sample specifications and quality checks.
- Testing (together with senior internal advisors); develop verification and validation testing and perform analysis to evaluate designs for accuracy and reliability.
- Partner and collaborate with:
- extended product teams to build iterative digital and physical concepts by applying advanced engineering techniques and tools.
- external stakeholders / testing groups / to create innovative products that fit users’ needs.
- Meet complex challenges with imaginative pioneering approaches supported by feasible solutions Idea & Concept Generating (together with internal and external senior stakeholders)
- Provide technical consultation, expertise and feasibility reviews for assigned projects and undiscovered new opportunities
- Draft reports and present results and concepts at the functional department level
- Gain a thorough understanding of law enforcement and military special forces needs and integrate these needs through product solutions
- Constantly working on applying efficient methods to explore and create new technologies, new forms of making, new construction processes and produce proofconcept prototypes.
- mentor, coach and counsel direct reports
- provide a positive, challenging work environment
- recognise and reward talent and accomplishments
- interface effectively with all levels throughout the organisation
- Representing the R&D team & activities (internally and externally)
To be our first candidate, you would need to have:
- 3-5 years of experience in a design-related field in an innovative company
- Bachelor's Degree in Design (apparel) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Speak fluently English
- PC proficiency knowledge / good in MS Office
- understanding of the duties and environment of law enforcement and military special forces, either have experience working in tactical and outdoor apparel manufacturing or a passion for tactical & service apparel
- basic knowledge of fabric and textiles
- working knowledge of product development cycles
- a track record of seeking out and experimenting with new technologies
- strategic thinking; quick-thinking and perceptive, able to conceptualise, with a structured, logical approach
- innovative and curious mind / thinking out of the box
- leadership skills
- strong collaboration skills
- sense for aesthetics
If you match the above requirements and you see this business opportunity as a challenge, we are inviting you to upload your application to our career job portal.
CHR Partners d.o.o., Cankarjeva cesta 4, SI-1000 Ljubljana, www.chr-partners.com