for the position of
Document Confidentiality Statement
The information in this document is confidential to the person to whom it is addressed and should not be disclosed to any other person. It may not be reproduced in whole, or in part, nor may any of the information contained therein be disclosed without the prior consent of the CHR Partners Company. A recipient may not solicit, directly or indirectly (whether through an agent or otherwise) the participation of another institution or person without the prior approval of CHR Partners Company.
The contents of this document have not been independently verified and they do not purport to be comprehensive, or to contain all the information that a prospective candidate may need. No representation, warranty or undertaking, expressed or implied is or will be made or given and no responsibility or liability is or will be accepted by CHR Partners Company or by any of its directors, employees or advisors in relation to the accuracy or completeness of this document or any other written or oral information made available in connection with the CHR Partners Company.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and or publication of this material is strictly prohibited.
1.1. Introduction of the company and the environment
A clear brief / information about the regional and local company and its activities within the market of responsibility will be presented to candidate during the personal meeting with the consultant in charge.
1.2. JOB SPECIFICATION
Role Title: OPERATION MANAGER
Based in: Slovenia
Reporting to: Managing Director
Key Working Relationships:
- Team of internal freight brokers / 6
- 200 truck drivers
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
As the Operations Manager, you will guide the vision and execution of strategic and operational land transportation operations. In this role, you will enhance the customer experience and drive efficient transit at reduced expense. You will be responsible for managing all activities related to the land transportation from suppliers to final destination facilities while managing total cycle time, performance, and costs. You will be accountable for delivering of day-to-day results (quality, performance, and cost), meeting or exceeding agreed upon key performance indicators (KPIs) and designing holistic transportation solution.
- Drive accountability of transportation network performance through comprehensive KPIs and trending analytics. Track, monitor, and identify opportunities to improve customer experience while optimizing expenses.
- Develop, plan, and execute the short- and long-term transportation strategic vision and subsequent transportation initiatives for shipments between, with customer agreed, destinations.
- Perform operational oversight, performance management, and relationship management of disponents who are responsible for end-to-end shipment sales & management:
- Uses effective customer service skills to negotiate and obtain logistic service contract, negotiate rates, meet established margin and budget targets
- Manage drivers routes / dispatches drivers and equipment to ensure efficient utilization (turnover, costs, time & quality) and help drivers throughout the delivery process, meets committed delivery times and ensures quality service
- Provide clear and proactive communication to customers and carriers, ensuring all business requirements are understood and being met
- Take accountability in ensuring each job is being completed to the requirements communicated and drive results through others
- Facilitate any tracking, tracing, or reporting required
- Problem resolution
- Indirectly leadership of a team of transportation professionals / truck drivers all over Europe.
- Take initiative to drive continuous improvement and change management.
- Develop and implement different projects, which may include creating and maintaining the process improvement roadmap, project plan, business case/cost benefit tracker, training and communication plan, and others.
- Client Relationships / CRM – KAM; Develop and maintain a focused and pro-active program of close contacts with present and potential customers. Ensure an appropriate acquisition of new customers, conduct negotiations, and sign contracts in order to reach the set sales targets. Ensure efficient use of CRM systems.
- Leading teams; guide, encourage, motivate and develop subordinated employees. Support the development of skills for driving excellence in execution and talents management.
- Understands the relationship between business drivers and transportation across all regions. Incorporates market insights and market feedback into agile transportation solutions.
- Takes a data-driven approach to manage daily work in process as well as to take a strategic view of the business - volumes, forecasts, opportunities.
- Understands the importance of compliance on transportation and trade flows, ensuring team and nominated service providers approach day-to-day work with a compliance mindset.
- Approaches problem solving in a structured way, using Lean concepts.
- Prioritizes transparent, data-driven communications to teams, leaders, peers, and customers.
- Defines, tracks, and maintains accountability for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Provides accurate and timely reporting on KPIs, with root cause corrective action analysis reporting for metrics below target.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility and forecast accuracy for International Transportation period and variable costs.
- Strong leadership potential including the ability to manage a large group of transport employees staff, leading teams to deliver complex goals and projects and inspiring teams across multiple regions
- Experience in strategic planning, business case development
- Proven experience in developing effective customer relationships
- Solid leadership skills with the ability to build and influence teams
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and to drive innovation and change
- Ability to work cross-functionally with internal/external partners
- Ability to apply structured thinking and reasoning to your work, and provide solutions to challenges
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to prepare and present documented business cases to stakeholders and management
- Excellent interpersonal and commercial skills to deal with sensitive issues, develop others, or persuade others inside and outside the department to take specific actions
1.3. CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Logistics/Supply Chain, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
Languages: Slovene & English and Serbian or Croatian
- 5 years of experience in managing international transportation operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of land transport services, markets and competitors
- Previous experience with transportation flows, supply chain management practices, building optimal networks, and the metrics required to successfully manage cost and performance of the network
- strongly customer and sales-oriented person
- leader with down to earth working attitude
- strong negotiation skills and problem solver
- strategic thinking
- entrepreneurial attitude / lean organisation
- proactive, dynamic, flexible, open-minded
- strong determination and commitment
- management approach (organizational skills and systematic, analytical approach)
- Highly confidential -
Page 1 of 1